Re: [IP] Software for Managing Diabetes

I too got the accutility software, I found that I can import the .PAT file into excel and decode enough information from it to build my own reports.  It's not as easy as it would if you could do more with accutility, however, at least you can get the information out of the meter.  As I do more, I will post it on the list.

Thanks,
Bert

>>> JACK & APRIL MAR <email @ redacted> Wednesday, March 17, 1999 12:30:32 AM >>>
Does anyone use software to help manage their diabetes?  I have an
accu-check complete monitor (which I really love by the way, because you
can specify how much insulin you took and carbo's you ate and add little
notes).

I downloaded a program called DIABASS but I don't like it.  Its way too
complex.  I purchased Accutility from the maker of the accu-check
complete and its alright, it gets me a print out like at the doctors.
Problem is I have no control over the reports.  I can't specify that I
only want blood sugars and data from last week, or last month.  I get
everything it has in memory no matter what.

I started the pump on 3/8 and right now I am tired and frustrated.  My
blood sugars are all over the map and I can't make heads or tails of
them.  It sometimes feel like doctors and diatitians can't help much
because they are guessing as much as I am and often not as good because
they aren't with me 24 hours a day.  [oops - spontaneous combustible
venting, excuse me :o) ]

Anyway, I feel if I have the right tools to help me analize whats
happening it would be a benefit.  Too bad its not an exact science, a?

April