Re: [IP] my expectations

I pumped velosulin for 14 years and regular for a few years before that and never really had smooth readings b/c of the difficulty of timing meal doses.  Humalog is better this way and the basals seem to come out far more accurately, but it is too fast for many meals (but that's for me).  The ultimate solution seems to have been the mix of the two.  People who have even bgs on velosulin seem to have mastered the timing question so that might help you think about your approach to dosing.

Dan Wasson wrote:

 Well, I started the velosulin on Sunday, I was using straight humalog in the pump since 11/97. My expectations on the velosulin are to have stable readings that don't roller coaster every single day. Is this too much to expect of the insulin and the pump. In the past I have experienced several months of unexplained highs then lows, recently I have been testing my bg readings every 2-3 hours during the day just to try and remain below 200 and above 70.  Can some of you other pumpers tell me do you have readings that remain level? Am I expecting too much?And now a word about doctorsYou know you need to change doctors if...1. his office doesn't return your call2. you print out your readings that you've spent hours preparing and he just glances at it3. you keep having problems and he refers you to his dietican or nurse(why am i paying him if I'm getting answers from them)4. he will not answer any question that does not specifically refer directly to the diabetes but says you'll have to see your GP about thatDoes anyone else have anything to add to my list?carol