Re: : [IP] Trouble with diabetes/venting

On 14 Mar 99 at 23:53, email @ redacted wrote:

> I don't think I've ever told anybody this. What is it about this list, anyway,
> that makes you feel comfortable coming out with this stuff?  LOL

Maybe it's because some of us have been there too?  We've all got our stories to
tell and this group is generally safe to talk about these things without getting
dumped on...  It's called a community of support.  The sad thing is that there
are many people trying to deal with their diabetes without this kind of
encouragement or support...  And there are too many people who are crushed
under the "medical professionals" lies about "it's easy, just take your shots,
eath right and  don't sweat it..." becuase that sets you up with an impossible
goal, no tools to achieve the goal, and built in criticism and failure...

Remember is that diabetes is bad news... It's ok to feel bad, sad and mad about
having to deal with this all the time...  there are other people who really do
understand how we feel...  there are tools available to help achieve a better
quality of life...  so we do what we can to get the best tools available and
then keep on going...

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.