Re: : [IP] Trouble with diabetes/venting

In a message dated 3/14/99 11:03:43 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  It is just something i kinda resent my mom for. >>

Well, while we're venting about DM and those who love us ...

I was in my 30s when I was DX'd, and my mom is very uncomfortable with the
fact that I have DM. She just kind of looks at me very pityingly. Boy, do I
hate that. I had a hypo in front of her once. Three years ago. She hasn't been
back to visit since. She told me it scared her. (Scares *her*???!!!) At my
grandmother's burial (at a family plot in another state), we left the cemetery
and my husband and our grandchildren went back to the hotel. I found out later
that everybody else had gone out to eat. We weren't asked. (I have DM, you
know, and have to eat special foods only for diabetics and only at certain
times. <said with some amount of irony for those of you who take everything
seriously)  The next day, before we left to drive back home, I asked Mom and
Dad if they'd like to join us for lunch and Mom said they had other plans.

So I guess she doesn't want to eat with me and she'd afraid to be around me
because I have DM? She doesn't want to see me stick myself? (I never have in
front of her.) You think that's why I haven't seen her for three years? And
she wonders why I don't call much any more?

Funny. Dad was just DX'd in December ...

I don't think I've ever told anybody this. What is it about this list, anyway,
that makes you feel comfortable coming out with this stuff?  LOL