Re: [IP] Trying a Silhouette :(

"Natalie A. Sera" wrote:
> I've been using SofSets, but yesterday, I decided to try a Silhouette,
> just to see -- and it's 24 hours later and the darn thing still hurts!
> :(
> I put it in at about a 30 degree angle -- I have enough subcutaneous fat
> to do that -- and there is no blood or anything around the hole -- so I
> just don't know whether I'm going to be able to use Silhouettes or not.
> I like the fact that they disconnect "on-site" rather than having the
> bulky connector thingie, but can't use them if they hurt!!!!

Natalie, I suspect you may ave nailed a nerve. ANY infusion set will hurt if you
do, or any shot for that matter. That's why I always put the very tip of the
introducer needle into theskin before pushing it all the way in. If it
hurts or bleeds I pull it out and move over a bit. Saves a LOT of hastle!

Besides which, if I push it in and it hurts then I just remove the whole thing
immediately and go to a new site, usually in a different area, and try again.
Of course that MUST be BEFORE I pull the intrducer needle out of the base....
Also, if it only started hurting when you got it all the way in you may
have found muscle somehow.

Ted Quick