Re: [IP] insurance (tara)

email @ redacted wrote:
>         We are in the same predicament here.  We live in NY which does have
> the Sweeney Law, however our coverage is through my husband's union which
> doesn't (or SAYS it doesn't) provide coverage for insulin pumps OR supplies.

OK, are they saying they are "Self-insured" or what? As I understand the law
can't refuse needed treatment otherwise. Do you know if they only have a medical
insurance company handling the claims, but actually pay it out of the funds
from employees/employer? That's the definition of self-insured.

Ted Quick