[IP] Re: BOUNCE email @ redacted: Non-member submission from ["John Neale" <email @ redacted>]

Carol wrote:
> I am also having problems with humalog and sites. I'm lucky if I
> can get myset to last 48 hours. I am also starting to wonder if
> my body itself has aproblem with humalog.

I'm experiencing a few problems which I'm trying to resolve at the
moment. I'm lucky if I get 2 days from a site before the site says
"change me". I used to get 4 or 5 days with straight Humalog, no
trouble. I'm happy to change every 2 days, but the problem is that
even then there is a slight scarring at the site which doesn't seem
to heal for at least a few weeks. I'm otherwise in excellent health,
and a quick "healer". There appears to be no infection - just an
unwillingness to heal up and go away.

Being logically inclined, I'm working through all the options in strict
order, one at a time: 1) Better site preparation 2) Insulin mix 3)
Straight Velosulin 4) Different infusion set 5) Change daily

This choice of order is bound up with how willing I am to change
what I do.

I've reinstituted rigourous cleansing. Problem remains.

I started mixing H & V about 3 weeks ago. A generous 1 part
Velosulin to 2 parts Humalog. Initially all my problems
disappeared. Yippee! I thought. Then the problems came back last
week. :-(

My next test is to go straight Velosulin. If that solves the problem
(as I suspect it might), I could be facing a pump for my basal
insulin, and a Humalog pen for my pre-meal shots. I'm an impulsive
eater, and waiting 30 minutes is out of the question :-/ I personally
would be happy with that compromise.

Next on the list is a change of infuson set. I love the design and
comfort of the Tender so much that I am leaving this change till
last. I've used the SofSets for a while, and found no scarring, but
they were uncomfortable for me as I sleep on my stomach, and the
sets get pulled out v. easily.

Any more suggestions anyone would add to my list? Or am I
unrealistic in expecting my abdomen to look pristene after 18
months of pump abuse?

mailto:email @ redacted