Re: [IP] insurance (tara)

This is all true.  However, they are only required to cover these things 1).  If
you already have the insurance and 2). If you have been covered with no gap by
another company (this happens if your employer changes coverage or if you move
from one job to another with the same kind of coverage).   If there is a gap in
your coverage or if you have not had your own (not a spouse's or parent's)
coverage before, you are, by virtue of having diabetes or any other pre-existing
condition, uninsurable.  Children may now purchase a cobra off their parent's
policies and once you have a cobra as a child you become eligible for continuing
coverage (this is probably most relevant for those in the 16-26 age group).
Large group policies cover diabetics.  Individual policies may deny us at any time
or they may double or triple the rates and continue to raise them when and how
they see fit (they usually wait until you've been using the policy for 1-3 years
to start raising them).