Re: [IP] insurance (tara)

FIS wrote:
> If i  am not mistaken and please correct me if i am,  it was last summer or
> summer before last when Clinton passed a law saying that NO insurance
> company could refuse to cover diabetic supplies, or deny coverage just
> because of diabetes.

Almost right. No COMMERCIAL insurance company can refuse to cover DM
supplies in those states which have passed laws to that effect.

However, self-insured business can refuse to cover practically anything
they don't want to cover, and DM stuff is often not covered because it's
expensive and the committees making the decisions as to what to cover
don't really understand why it's necessary.

So how come I live in a state that DID pass the law, but am working for
a self-insured entity?????

Type Weird, with pump on body!
mailto:email @ redacted

  Can YOU find the ugly duckling? (hint: It's NOT the pumperduck!!)