Re: [IP] insurance (tara)

FIS wrote:
> If i  am not mistaken and please correct me if i am,  it was last summer or
> summer before last when Clinton passed a law saying that NO insurance
> company could refuse to cover diabetic supplies, or deny coverage just
> because of diabetes.

Seems you're sorta half right. The new law says that any US health insurance
company (except self-insured companies) can NOT delay coverage for supplies
and diabetes education for "pre-existing condition" reasons as long as the
diabetic had already been covered in another plan, as when changing jobs.

Sure came in handy when I changed jobs in '97 with this insulin pump attached!

Ted Quick