Re: [IP] insurance (tara)

If you already have insurance they have to pay for your diabetic supplies but I
was turned down for insurance in MD the middle of last year, All I had was a
phone interview she asked if I had several illnesses and diabetes was one of
them.  She didn't say over the phone that I would be turned down but that she
would send me some information.  When I got the information there was a page in
there saying I was turned down because of my answers.  The only thing I answered
yes to was diabetes.  I had thought that they couldn't refuse anyone insurance
either but they did.  They didn't even put a rider on it so it wouldn't cover
diabetes.  I believe they can not put restrictions on preexisting conditions but
can decline you coverage.  I don't know what they expect us to do.  If it
weren't for my husbands company having to supply coverage I wouldn't have it.

Donna