Re: [IP]?? ketones-diets and more...

Barbara and All,

I've been following closely all this information on diet, ketones, etc..  I am
still slightly confused and not sure what to do.

My problem / Question:  I've been staying off of carbs quite a bit.  I eat simple
carbs - vegetables.  I  noticed that my BS's stay level if I don't eat a lot of
carbs (e.g. less than 20-30 per / meal or less).  I am not doing Atkins, but
somewhat similar.  Anyway the other day I was going to the bathroom more than my
usual several times ( I drink about 1 1/2 - 2 gallon of water per day ).  That
night I decided to test ketones.  Sure enough I had them and still do.  The
ketones are running from small to moderate.  My blood sugars are perfect.  So, I
am so confused.  If I eat more carbo's and have higher bs problems than no
ketones, if I eat few carbo's than great blood sugars but ketones.  I just don't
know what to do.  Am I hurting myself by running these ketones?  It is poison
running through my system, right?  Any suggestions, recommendations would be
greatly appreciated.  And, yes I am trying to lose weight too.   Not coming off
real fast.

Thank you,