Re: [IP] Re: Mixing Velosulin and Humalog

Velosulin is a regular insulin that can be purchased over the counter.
You might need a prescription for insurance re-imbursement.

You put the smaller amount (regular) in first and get the bubbles out of
the syringe. Then you draw the Humalog, being careful not to push any of
the mix back into the bottle. The precision of the mix is not all that
important, you just need to get close. My daughter has been doing if for
a year of two now, started mixing at 13 as I recall. You will have to try
the mix you like. Lily didn't like 4/1 (thats not a ratio, 4 parts H 1
part V), but liked 5/1 other pumpers use differing ratio because the
onset and tail suit their metabolism. YMMV

Michael