Re: [IP] Re: Mixing Velosulin and Humalog

email @ redacted wrote:
> Just how do you go about measuring the 2 insulin's into the syringe.  And, I
> guess MD has to give a prescription for the Vesulin as I'm using Humalog now,
> but having a problem with leaving for 3 days.  Seems to be ok for 2.  Thanks
> for any help.

There are 2 popular methods: into an old insulin vial that you put both into to
store for several days or so (possibly risky, it may degrade the Humalog), or in
pump syringe. For a 5 to 1 ratio (what I use) I draw in 20 units of Regular
followed by 100 units of Humalog, shake it a bit, then clear out air bubbles and
attach to infusion set. Seems to work very well.

Ted Quick