Re: [IP] (IP) Reuse of Reservoirs

Fran Baumgartner wrote:

> Ted,
> What's an O-ring?
> Thanks,
> Fran

It's a piece of flexible, compressable material, such as rubber, used to seal
containers to be resistant to leaks.  <- that was the engineering answer.  The
everyday answer is:  It's a black rubber cheerio.

> > It's readable and Ican understand what you're asking, so YES, you did it right.
> >
> > > I'm currently using a Minimed 507C with Humalog.  I've had it for around six
> > > weeks and am still adjusting my basals.  I'm getting there.  Does anyone ever
> > > reuse their reservoirs?  I don't mean reuse the insulin that's left in them,
> > > but when changing your set, refilling the old reservoir and reusing it?

>> stuff deleted...

What does one do with the leftover insulin, say 1/2 cc?  I kept an old empty bottle,
and inject it into that, withdraw from the new bottle (minus the amount I put in the
old bottle), then complete the fill-up with the old insulin.  Am I wrong?