Re: [IP] ? for Disetronic Users / Knowledge

Fran asked:

>How often do people on the Disetronic HTronPlus V100 change the
>following items:
>Piston Rod ( and how do you know to change it)?

I change it about twice a year. The important thing is be sure the plastic
end on the rod rotates freely. If there is any resistance at all, it's time
to change the rod.

>Adapter ( and how do you know to change it )?

I change the adapter approximately twice a year as well. I've never had a
problem with either the piston rod or the adapter. If I've been doing a lot
of real dirty work, around a lot of dust, grime and dirt, I'll clean the
inner hole on the adapter (the part that the infusion set threads into)
with a Q-Tip. just to be sure. The important part of the adapter is the
seal -the small rubber "O-Ring". It provides a tight water proof seal. As
long as that is not damaged or dried out, you should be fine.

>Just a side, have I been lucky?  I've only had to change my batteries
>twice in almost five months on the pump.  One battery lasted me 2 1/2
>months, the other 3 1/2 months.
Battery usage will certainly vary among users, due to different insulin
usage rates, amount of priming, etc. My battery usage is pretty close to
what you've experienced.

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted