Re: [IP] hi then lo

Donna wrote:

> I don't know if Im having lows, I am checking about every 2 hours (especially
> after meals). At 2 hrs after a meal it is high then at 4 hours it is back down
> to what it was at meal time (still high).

If it is too high after 2 hours and it comes back down at 4 without you taking
additional insulin than it sounds like not an insulin dose problem (the basals
should adjust to meet the original, underlying high), but a timing problem.  You
may need to take your insulin sooner.  If you are sick you can become a bit
resistent and the absorption time sometimes increases.
 Good luck!