Re: [IP] Questions About Young Pumpers

> I was curious about this. So, if someone is on .2 units/hour, which
> with a MiniMed would be delivered in .1 unit increments each half
> hour, it would take half an hour for the .1 unit to be absorbed? Is
> my understanding of what you're saying correct?

No, see the Humalog absorbtion curve in the package insert or:

Humalog peaks for most people after about an hour and is 80% or more
absorbed in a couple of hours or so. Dribbling insulin that last that
long in every 1/2 hour, the absorbtion curves for each increment must
be superimposed. The result is a relatively flat curve without bumps
i.e. a flat line. The amounts for low doses (0.1u/hr) and the
effects on overall bg levels at this level are very small compared to
other things that effect blood sugar levels such as a miscalculated
bolus, exercise, whether or not it's cold, etc...