Re: [IP] Questions About Young Pumpers

> I was wondering which insertion set those of you with young pumping
> kids prefer?  My daughter is 5, and is trying out a loaner
> Disetronic pump tomorrow, and I want to make this trial experience a
> good one for her.
Most parents of small kids use Tender/Silohuette/Comfort sets or
Rapids if the child is "really" thin.

> I was also wondering if most parents prefer the
> Disetronic to the Minimed for young children, since their inherent
> low dosages of insulin will be delivered on a more consistent basis
> with the Disetronic?
The delivery rate is not important. The absorbtion time of the
insulin masks any time differential in delivery between the pumps.
This is a marketing issue, not a medical one.

> And finally, my daughter is very sensitive to
> humalog, so we use it only at breakfast, and to bring down highs.
> In such a situation, would pumping regular be the preferred option?
A number of pumpers mix Humalog with Velosulin (or regular) to get
the best properties of both.