[IP] Re:

The tighter your control is and the healthier you get, the less
awareness you will probably have.  When I first had this problem
(actually for the first 4-5 years), I found it terrifying.  I have in
the ensuing time kind of mellowed out and it has become far less
problematic although I easily walk around unaware at 30 or even 25
sometimes.  The basic answer is that if you are willing to blood test
lots and can handle the strain of a few ocassional problems, its
probably pretty doable and the tight control is probably worth it.  If
you are anxious about low bgs, feel scared and/or are not very good
about blood testing often and sometimes without reason, it may not be
such a good idea.  I have learned over the years to blood test, blood
test, blood test and it seems almost automatic.  I know though that when
this all began sometimes those extra tests were a pain and I sometimes
skipped one or two -- often the beginning of another ER visit.