Re: [IP] (IP) Reuse of Reservoirs

email @ redacted wrote:
> Hi all.  This is the first time I've sent anything to the group, so hope I'm
> doing it right.

It's readable and Ican understand what you're asking, so YES, you did it right.
> I'm currently using a Minimed 507C with Humalog.  I've had it for around six
> weeks and am still adjusting my basals.  I'm getting there.  Does anyone ever
> reuse their reservoirs?  I don't mean reuse the insulin that's left in them,
> but when changing your set, refilling the old reservoir and reusing it?

OK, I reuse my reservoirs once, but the lubrcant on the O-rings doesn't do
well after that. Incidentally, people here have found that mixing Humalog with
Velosulin or Regular makes it stay stable longer. Humalog alone seems to lead
to problems after 2.5 days or so, but with a 5 to 1 mix of Humalog and Regular
I go for 3 days with no problem. Then it's time to refill the syringe anyway,
but I just change the syringe out with another filled one, taking care not to
bubbles trapped in when I put the conmnector back on the syringe.

Ted Quick