[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #862

The insurance denied our first request for a pump because the endo had said our son had
hypoglycemic unawareness. Insurance said that was a reason not to use a pump. The endo
persisted, wrote another letter for us, and said that it was an excellent reason. Pump
therapy could reverse hypoglycemic unawareness. The insurance company relented. Now,
after only 1 month of pumping, our 10 year old can tell when he is in the 50-75 range.
He couldn't even spot 35s before.

Joyce in ND
email @ redacted