[IP] [ip] Hypo unawareness

I go about 15 points lower now that I am on the pump before getting any
symptoms compared to before with MDI.  The reason my endo says (very
experienced in pump therapy) is that the change from high to low is much
more gradual now.  With the increased control that one gets from the pump,
and the correct basal rate, the drop into a low is much more gradual --
perhaps stemming from a slightly too high bolus, combined with a late meal,
and maybe a little too much activity.  The symptoms we all recognize as
indicative of a low become more pronounced, the more rapid the drop.  Thus,
increased hypo unawareness is common after initiation of pump therapy.  This
doesn't really help much, but it does help explain the phenomenon.