[IP] Re: -Reply

I also find that I am much better able to function during a low on the pump than I was ever able to do on injections.  They seem more "gentle" than on long acting plus short acting insulins with shots.

Bert

>>> "Linda Mackowiak" <email @ redacted> Wednesday, March 10, 1999 1:23:45 PM >>>
according to the medical literature it used to be that hypoglycemia
unawareness was a reason not to use a pump, but now it is actually a great
reason to use a pump!  (but most of the people on this site already knew
that. even if it took the literature a while to catch up ...).  You can aim
for slightly higher blood sugars than someone who recognizes their lows, and
usually have a significant decrease in the number of tough lows.