Re: [IP] hi then lo

Hi Donna,
I just had a successful 12 week ultra sound so I guess I can finally admit to being
pregnant although we are waiting til the end of the month to tell family and I will
have to conceal it at work for the rest of the semester.   I did find it easier to
have established reliable basal rates and do really thorough basal rate testing
first (I did this once and then we were unsuccessful at getting pregnant two months
in a row and by the third month my work schedule, life etc had changed a good bit).
It's easier to adjust.  I generally have an easy time with the post prandials but my
bgs rise much later so I have no trouble with those numbers.  However, after 17
years of pumping velosulin, humalog, and the mix, my experience is that the post
prandials are most effected by the timing of your bolus and so you may want to play
around with that.  While it probably doesn't hurt if you don't hit those targets, it
is much safer and easier to experiment now and learn really well cause and effect.
If you document your experiments, I suspect the doctors won't be too hard on you
hitting it exactly.   Anyway, those preconception months were really isolating and
difficult so I hope you are feeling too stressed.  Hang in there -- I think it gets
a little easier once you are actually pregnant!

Ruth