Re: [IP] Newly diagnosed infant -Reply

email @ redacted writes:

<<  Are they being seen by a pediatric
 diabetes team???
 I can't recommend that enough.............. >>
I have to ask why a pediatric diabetes team is so important.   In our case we
do use one, my daughter is 5.  But the new Endo we are looking into is not
pediatric, but we hear he is excellent and he has younger kids on pumps.  Our
Endo now will not even consider a pump for her.  We have been very concerned
if we are making a mistake by switching to an Endo that isn't pediatric.
Would you be able to explain why you think it's that important.  Our daughter
does see her regular pediatric doc once a month.  Or in this case of it being
an infant, is that why you think it's so very important.

Thank you for this info.   We have asked a few people and nobody has really
told us "why" it's so important.

-Judy       Amanda's mom
age 5        dx at 3 1/2