Re: [IP] ketones and missed meals

In a message dated 3/9/99 2:35:52 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Normally skipping a meal or two
 wouldn't be enough to generate ketones, so if this happens to someone there
 may be something else going on metabolically. >>

If I remember correctly, the original writer also has CF? And doesn't cystic
fibrosis involve a problem with the part of the pancreas that helps you digest
food? I seem to recall talking to a woman once who was involved in educating
parents of CF children as to how to get more calories into them because they
needed great quantities of calories in order to gain -- or at least not lose
-- weight. If that's the case, it would make sense to me that food isn't being
properly digested and, therefore, may not be providing enough glucose to the
system to build up stores.