[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #859

Responding to waiting till June to put son on the pump, I wonder if you
really need to wait that long. We had a 2-hr class one Friday morning and
were sent on our way pumping. My son is 10 years old, and he never missed a
step in his routine. We've been pumping for a month now and seem to have
fewer lows. I'm very impressed with how quickly his blood sugars are in the
target range after a meal. Wahoo! Already my son says he will never go back
to shots. We seem to be going through a lot of Tenders, but I figure that's
part of our learning curve. You need a prescription for EMLA cream, but I
would ask for a prescription for ELA-MAX. Instead of numbing the site in
60-90 minutes, ELA-MAX numbs it in 15-20 minutes. Go for it!

Joyce Riske