Re: [IP] ketones and missed meals

>Does anyone else get ketones when they miss a meal..?
>I do every time regardless of bg, I always thought ketones were a
>product of high bg until I ended up in the hospital because of ketones
>with almost normal bg under 140.
>I was told I had to eat every so many hours any idea's?

Well, I suppose it has to do with your body needing energy to do its normal
daily functioning.  If it can't get the energy it needs from food (in this
case, you aren't giving it any), it will turn to the next available
resource, which is your body tissue, either fat or muscle.  If your body is
breaking down muscle for energy, ketones are the result!