[IP] Diabetic in jail

So what's the scoop on the diabetic in jail? >From what little I have picked up on from the postings here--the story has not found its way to Seattle, apparently--people think a grave injustice is being committed. Do I understand that folks are rallying for this guy's cause?
    There was no criminal intent, but it appears the diabetic was seriously negligent in some way. Diabetes should not be an excuse for this tragedy. He should be charged with reckless driving or vehicular manslaughter at the very least. I don't know the case law or the statutes in Florida, but not controlling a diagnosed disease and causing two deaths puts the defendant squarely at fault.
    I am concerned that a person with diabetes should receive proper care while in jail, however. Is he still in jail? I can't believe the guy wasn't released on his recognizance due to the diabetes, or at least given a low bail amount. Someone tell me, so I can quit this ranting: what's the story here?