Re: [IP] Curiosity questions

I had a similar experience, only with kids...

The first night I used the pump, I woke up at 7pm the next night.  I looked at the
top of the syringe (Minimed 507C) to see the tubing tied in a granny knot.  I
called to the kids (after I got my blood sugar back up from 54 to 120).  I asked
them who tied the infusion set in a knot.  My youngest girl, Elise (4) answered
sheepishly that she did.  She also told me she pressed some buttons on the pump. I
checked the amount pumped that day, to ensure I didn't get OD'ed on Humalog.  I
didn't.  I explained to all of them what the pump was, changed my infusion set,
and haven't had any problems since.  I guess the lesson is to explain to your kids
(and kittens) what's going on, and they'll work with you.

BTW, the kids love pushing the button on the softserter, and on the softclix to
help me with my control.

Anyway, I hope you smiled reading this account,

Jeff