Re: [IP] sick and high BGs

I had the flu about three weeks ago.  My bs stayed around 300 and that was
without eating much of anything.  After about 3 days of this my ketones were
up.  I couldn't get in touch with my endo so I went to ER.  They seemed more
amused by this thing attached to my pants that gave me my insulin than really
helping me.  Boy it amazes me how little medical professionals know about
insulin pumps.  I went through nursing school 7 years ago and nothing was
mentioned about a pump, but you would think at least doctors would have heard
a little about it.  I could hear the ER doctor telling the family doctor on
call about it on the phone.  If I wouldn't have been so sick I would have died
laughing.  Anyway they sent me home and the next day bs went down and ketones
did too.

Tonya S