Re: Pump approval, was...Re: [IP] prednisone

In a message dated 3/6/99 12:22:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Get them to understand they will save A LOT of money by just approving the
 andgo right up to the insurance company President if necessary! >>

 	Thanks for the advice!  In our appeal letter package, my doctor had me
include a fee schedule from our local hospital to show them that one
hospitalization for DKA (God forbid!) could cost WAY more than the pump!

	Since our insurance is through my husband's union, it's a Benefit's Plan and
not an Insurance company.  State Insurance laws do not apply to them because
our benefits are in the work contract that gets voted on by the members.
However, last contract 2 1/2 years ago, the men were out on strike for 4 1/2
months fighting for better medical coverage and we STILL are not getting what
we should!  It was tough going all those months without a paycheck and now we
still can't get what we need.  They have the nerve to say we AGREED to this
but we didn't we were FORCED to agree to it in order to not lose our homes and
everything else.

	I intend to fight this with every last ounce of strength I have!  My son
takes 2 inhalers, nebulizer treatments and a pill daily.  It plays such havoc
with his BG's that the doctor is AMAZED that we've kept him out of the
hospital so far.  He knows we've been doing all we can and it's still not
working.  I know the pump will not be a miracle, but it will make him a little
more stable I'm sure.

Thanks for the help!!  This group is wonderful!!