Re: [IP] question to the group...

Yes, I've done it for long periods of time -- sometimes as long as 5-6 years at
a stretch.  I've rarely (in the last 13-14 years) been closely supervised
although I was the first 3-4 years I pumped as a teenager.  Its doable.  You
just need to be able to analyze and you need a doctor who will write
appropriate Rxs and order appropriate blood work periodically.  The up side is
you get good at paying attention to the details which they sometimes skim
through at the endos office.  The down sides are that you can sometimes get
lazy or flippant or inexact (if you have a friend or family member who can
ocassionally check in with you that can help too) and that there is no support
instead of the little bit I have usually gotten at the doctor's office.  It
depends how important those two things are to you and/or if you think you can
adequately compensate for them.