[IP] oreo's

Dear List mates,
I hardly ever get time to post anything but I thought you may like to
help me out with something *g* or maybe in a round about way I can help
you. I am a very compliant diabetic so since my dxd almost 2 years ago I
can count on one hand how many times I "cheated" with food, i.e. sweets.
Well my cde said go ahead and try covering some treats with your pump,
and oh was I happy because my daughter was munching down on oreo's. I
made sure I was at least 5 hours from my last bolus of humalog and took
eight cookies and 1 cup milk for dunking :0) ended with a carb total of
98 carbs (double stuff).
I take 1 unit for 23.5 carbs so I took 4.2 units of humalog with a
starting bg of 111.
I checked my bg in 2 hours like I do after everything I eat and I was at
A 75 pp for me is very dangerous since consistently I have to be in the
low to mid 200's 2 hours after food to maintain a normal bg at 3 hours
after and for the duration until I eat again. So I drank a whole can of
soda cause I knew I was in trouble and for the rest of the afternoon my
bg did not rise above 128. I checked on both my meters just to be sure
and felt fine but I don't understand what happened. My activity level
was moderate, cleaning doing chores etc. So is there something special
about eating sweets? or oreo's?

For information purposes I always have a greater problem with fat and
protein and high bg then simple carbs, so this may be a contributing

Please Take Care of Yourself