Re: [IP] Newly diagnosed infant

<< m:	email @ redacted (Eleanor Pelcyger) >>
Then I would stick with what the MD wants as a target. Sometimes babies need a
lot less at night and the sympathetic nervous system is not mature until age 9
or 10, so a low BG might not get a response from the other hormones to help
raise the BG, and babies can't sense they are low. Would something like
NiteBite (cornstarch) be helpful as a snack? Nother option might be to put
some cornstarch in the bedtime bottle if one is taken. They shouldn't do this
without permission from the doctor. Alos, have you checked out the Children
With Diabetes web site? I think there is a link from the insulin pumper's main
Barbara B.