Re: [IP] Newly diagnosed infant

<< hey seem to be managing ok, only my sister-in-law is very concerned
 because Hannah's bs is exceedingly low (48-50) whenever she wakes up.
 They've tried giving her carbs before she goes to sleep but to no avail.
 Any suggestions? >>

This might be her normal AM fasting BG. I don't have the exact numbers
available at home, but ranges for toddlers are different for older children
and adults. If she is getting insulin (diluted, I would suspect) they should
ask the pediatrician/endo about the expected target ranges for a 14 month old
and the appropriate dosages. Where do they live?
Barbara B.