Re: [IP] sick and high BGs

Ginny wrote:
>I came down with a super dooper cold in my throat. It burns when I cough
>but do
>not wheeze., My temp is 99.5.  <snip>  No ketones.
>I feel better today then I did last night.
>Why doesn't my insulin bring my BGs down?

The high bg's may be a sign that your body is fighting an infection.  The
extremely sore throat sounds to me like a strep infection.  You don't want
to mess around with strep: if left untreated, it can develop into a more
serious condition that used to be called scarlet fever.  If I were you, I'd
be heading into the doc for a throat culture!  Antibiotics will help if it
is strep.

Mary Jean