Re: [IP] Insulin & Weight Gain?

Have experienced increase of weight with increase in insulin use. Since
my primary doc turned me over to a CDE 9 weeks ago, my insulin daily
dose has been reduced and I have added glucophage to my regimen. I fax
my log (bgs and meals) to my CDE every Friday and I see her every 3
weeks. My bgs have improved tremendously and I loss 6 pounds the last 3
weeks. I have eliminated a lot of carbs and increased my protein during
the past 2 months. This is probably contributing to my weight change. I
maintain my exercise routine and at times worry that I may go hypo if I
am not cafeful.

Gordon - a potential pump user whose carrier (Kaiser Hawaii) will not
cover the pump cost.