Re: [IP] trouble with MM

At 08:22 AM 3/4/1999  Julie VanCalbergh, CTRS wrote:
>After reading some of the posts about MiniMed 507Ci sent a quick email to
>my educator/pump trainer in re: to the pushing of the buttons... this is
>what her response was:
>We have not had one person who had a pump "fall apart" or be poorly made.
>Yes, the buttons on the 507C are more sensitive than they were on the last
>3 models and you are correct when you say it is like on a calculator or
>key board when you hit the button too hard or maybe twice - but there is
>no problem with that, just continue with what you are doing. They
>intentionally made the buttons easier to manipulate. If you had seen some
>of the earlier models, it practically took 2 men and a boy to push the
>buttons they were so hard. My keyboard at home is so sensitive that I
>barely touch a key and I have 6-7 letters that don't belong there. Hope
>that helps.

I have to disagree with what you were told. First, I have the older 507
(not the C) and it does not take that much pressure to push the buttons. I
think her response is a major exaggeration. Second, I have seen many people
complain about the keys of the 507C being too sensitive. From what I
understand, MM has repaired the pump in these situations. You just need to
call them.

If there was no problem and it was behaving normally, why would MM be
fixing these over-sensitive keys?? And, if MM will fix it and the pump is
hard for you to operate, why should you continue to put up with it?