Re: [IP] what's your favorite cereal?

In a message dated 3/4/99 10:30:17 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< If you don't mind my asking what do your bgs run?  I would be on the floor.
 Dang my bowl of Cheerios can send mine high.   >>

For a Chocolate Thunder? It takes a bit of insulin <g> and I still go higher
into the 200s than I want to. And it takes a while to bring me back down.
Which is why I don't eat the stuff that often. Haven't had one (or even part
of one) for probably 4 or 5 months now.

However, there are foods that I have more trouble with. Bananas seem to be a
problem for me, as is rice, bagels and, oddly, pasta and bread at the same
meal. I can eat pasta. And I can eat bread. Can't see to handle both at once.
And I don't handle high-fat very well (but I can "force" myself to tolerate it
once in awhile lol) Thunder).

I think some people are affected more by carbs than others. I'm also a type 2,
and I think that having some beta cell function helps. Also, I don't eat that
stuff on a regular basis. Usually if I have dessert-type sugar, it's in the
form of animal cookies or a small serving of reduced-fat, reduced-sugar ice

BTW, "ducky" Nat has been forced to eat some of my cookin' and has,
apparently, lived.