Re: [IP] diabetes & prednisone

I had an allergic reaction to a medication I was on for lupus about 7 months
ago and they put me on Prednisone.  I could not believe how much it messed
up my blood sugars.  I was taking 20 mgs. of Prednisone twice a day and I
did not have a normal blood sugar once during the week I was on Prednisone,
no matter how much I raised my basals and bolused.  This is very unusual for
me as my last HbA1c was 4.4.  Good luck getting through this.  It's awful.

> Doctor wants him to take Prednisone now .  What does Prednisone do to
blood sugars? Anything I need to watch for?