[IP] To David Flagg......

Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 13:16:46 -0500
From: "David N. Flagg" <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Hello All.....

Dave, yes it is serious.  It sounds like the extra weight gain may have been fluids, along with the kidney failure.  Would suggest that you check things out with a Neuphrologists (kidney Dr) to get things straightened out.

Just my .02 cents worth from one who has been there

.. while in the hospital I had kidney failure hospitalized with congestive heart failure, pulmonary edema.............
The doc has me on Demadex and says I will be on it for a while......  I am concerned as I thought I could end up with problems from high potassium from extended use of diuretics ????????

The weight is off and is staying off...  Aetna, my insurance co is taking a very proactive role with me..... yesterday they called and "interviewed me about my stay" in the hospital and the lady encouraged me to get on an insulin pump,,,,,, what a shock as I have been getting denied for years.......

I read between the lines in your message that I need to take a very proactive role in my care and to find another doc.....  I would tend to agree........  so far the doc wants to be all things to all people and not much of a team player......

Thanks........

Dave Brockman
email @ redacted
46 years young....getting thinner.....DM for 27 years........