[IP] Volleyball and pump

I'm going to start playing on a women's recreation volleyball team. I wear a Minimed 507C. Does anyone know if the pump will be safe enough in it's leather case in my sports bra or if I need to wear the sports guard? The chances of being hit in the chest are slim, but possible. Does anyone have any other suggestions. The sportsguard just seems so bulky and unless I wear it to the back I'm afraid it'd get in my way and wearing it in the back I'm afraid of falling on it.
email @ redacted
dx'd 7/77
pumping since 12/98