[IP] Diet

I went the low-carb route before going on a pump. It did work. It was
difficult, however, and I still had too many hypos and I still wentonthe
pump. HOWEVER< it is still useful information to know. For instance, I
tend to eat fewer carbs at night, unless I am very sure about how much
to bolus.

For diabetics using needles, I do think it is slightly crazy to be told
to eat a high-carb diet. Bernstein takes you so far in the other
direction, however, that it begins to feel too restrictive. Now that I
am on the pump, I am eating less fat, because I don't have a Minimed and
so I have to remember to give myself an extra bolus for the cheese.