Re: [IP] the effects of low blood sugars

In a message dated 3/1/99 4:01:43 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<I have had several severe low

hypoglycemic attacks. I have noticed some trouble with my memory>>

After a severe hypo, I also have memory problems as well as general flakiness
sometimes.  It doesn't have to be that severe a hypo, either.  I have heard
that loss of frontal cortex tissue has been documented with diabetics who
suffer from hypoglycemia a lot (I heard it most recently at that FDA panel),
and I worry that there may be a cumulative effect, but generally things return
to normal within less than a day with me (as far as I remember).

Another good reason to be on the pump and avoid some of the more severe

Linda Zottoli
dx 1955 at age 8