Re: [IP] Nearing a choice

At 11:13 PM 2/28/1999  Jack Granowski wrote:
>At 05:41 PM 2/28/1999  Jack Granowski wrote:
>>>That is much better than what they told me 5 1/2 years ago.  They said
>>>NO swimming, showering, etc.  I was in the pool for an hour, and that is
>>>considered 'brief', and I wouldn't have had to immediately jump out and
>>>disconnect?  When you say 'probably' that would mean there is no chance
>>>of a problem, or a small chance that someone would be without a pump for
>>>2-3 days (no replacement)?
>>5 1/2 years is a long time in pump development.
>Are mm's 'water resistant'?  Can someone go into a pool with impunity?

I don't think I or anyone suggested that you can swim in the pool with your
MM anytime you want. The question dealt with a accidental dunk in the pool.
The electronics part of the MiniMed pump are water resistant. If swimming
with your pump attached is vital to you, by all means get the Disetronic.
However, each person has to gauge their own life-style and decide which
factors are important. I, for one, haven't been near a swimming pool in
over a decade. For people like me, it is not an issue. Many other people
have indicated that they disconnect when they swim anyhow, and have had no
problems. Each person is different.