Re: [IP] Disetronic HTron V100+ question

On 31 Mar 98 at 16:06, Dan Oliver wrote:

> At 14:15 3/31/98 +0000, Randall wrote:
> [snip]
> >Sounds like you need to get the Disetronic reps in gear.  Let them
> >show why they only sell pumps in pairs, and let them explain that the
> >D pump shuts off after two years operation.
> It shuts off after two years?  Ouch!  Does it do this abruptly, or do you
> have a few weeks advance warning?

It has a timer in it and it alarms long enough (a few days, I think
someone said)  in advance to give you some warning to switch to the
second pump.  Then the first pump gets sent off to the repair shop
for resetting.  I'm not sure if you can even have batteries in the
backup pump because that may cause the clock to run.  One of the D
users can probably explain all this, but I think it's part of the
warranty that requires you to send the pumps back for servicing.  The
pumps are made in Europe too, but you may not have to send them there
if they have a service depot in the US.

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.