Re: [IP] Prudential and payment for D pump

On 31 Mar 98 at 10:35, Ronald Kapo wrote:

> On 1-22-98 my husband mailed the claim (our insurance is his employee
> benefit).  First the claim in its entireity was denied - including the
> bills from my endo - all two of them (I have been IDDM for 32 years!).
> A series of communications - absolutely ludicrous in their content -
> ensued.  Prudential has now paid for one pump - $2400, completely
> ignoring documentation stating that Disetronic only sells pumps in
> pairs.  It was only after one of my students leaped to the same
> conclusion that I have been expecting Prudential to eventually reach
> (not, however, via a leap), and this after a 60 second diatribe from me,
> that I opted to bring this to you.
> Now, Prudential "needs" a statement from my endo attesting to my need
> for two pumps!  I have by the way gleaned the info that mine is to be a
> test case, Prudential vs D re two pumps.

Sounds like you need to get the Disetronic reps in gear.  Let them
show why they only sell pumps in pairs, and let them explain that the
D pump shuts off after two years operation.  They are experienced in
dealing with these companies, and they know all the ins and outs of
explaining what's going on.  If they won't help you then you've
really got a battle...
Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.