[IP] Re: glucose meters

I was interested in the thread a few days ago on potential problems with
the new Bayer Dex meter.  I was under the impression that the method of
glucose measurement was the same as in the Elite (which also measures serum
glucose).  I have had the Elite for 2 years and think its great (never any
problems).  I thought the Dex just grouped 10 of the strips in one package.
Is this right?  If so why would people have so many problems with the Dex?
I can't seem to get any info from the Bayer website on the Dex.